Denis Clive Braham
|Chairman Emeritus; Shareholder; Chair, Sports Business & Public Venues|
1100 JPMorgan Chase Tower
600 Travis Street
Houston, Texas 77002
Dallas (secondary office)Download vCard
500 Winstead Building
2728 N. Harwood Street
Dallas, Texas 75201
Chairman Emeritus Denis Clive Braham is a member of the firm's Real Estate Development & Investments and Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions practices, and he chairs Winstead's Sports Business & Public Venues Practice Group.
An attorney with Winstead since 1989, Denis provides counsel to professional sports clients including the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans. As a real estate and corporate attorney, he travels extensively for developers, investors and lenders throughout the country.
- Denis is known as a "deal maker" and has assisted many clients in numerous broad-based and complex business transactions. See corporate profile.
- Corporate and business organizations
- Reorganization and planning, including financing, commercial transactions, venture capital transactions, business start-ups, acquisitions, spin-offs, sales, mergers and intellectual property rights related to business acquisitions
- His broad-based Real Estate practice regularly involves representation of all segments of the real estate industry in Texas and multistate transactions. See real estate profile.
- Representation of significant real estate developers, lending institutions, landlords and tenants in significant lease transactions and large commercial, industrial and residential transactions
- Acquisition, financing, construction, development, leasing, syndication, sale/leaseback, management and operations of public and private buildings, unimproved land, hospital projects, hotels, apartments, office buildings, recreational developments, shopping centers, malls, warehouses, industrial developments and multi-unit projects
- He also has a broad-based sports practice representing sports teams and international companies that provide development, leasing, management, financial and marketing expertise for sports teams and leisure, public assembly, entertainment and recreational facilities, both in the United States and internationally. See sports profile.
- In his international practice, Denis has a broad variety of transactional experience, involving international franchising and licensing, international project development, international finance, and multinational transactions.
|University of Houston Law Center|
|London School of Economics|
- Jerusalem, Israel B.Sc., 1974
Professional & Community Involvement
- State Bar of Texas (licensed 1979)
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau (General Counsel)
- Jewish Federation of Greater Houston (Vice President, Board of Trustees, Chair Elect)
- Secretary and General Counsel of Houston YET Center, Inc. (Board Member)
- University of Houston Law Foundation (Advisory Board Member)
- Texas Bowl Foundation (Executive Committee Member)
- Houston Super Bowl LI Host Committee (Board Member and Lead Counsel)
- Houston Super Bowl XXXVIII Host Committee (Executive Committee Member and Lead Counsel)
- North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee (Lead Counsel)
- Greater Houston Partnership (Board Member)
- University of Texas Health Science Center Development Board
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston Advisory Council
- Guest Lecturer, Columbia School of Law
- Nationally ranked by Chambers USA in Sports Law
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law and Residential Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- He has been honored with multiple listings in Best Lawyers in America, Texas Super Lawyers and Houston's Top Lawyers.
- Named a 2007 Leading Dealmaker by Lawdragon 500
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2010-2012
- Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2014