The global imperative of environmental responsibility has ushered in unprecedented development of alternative and renewable energy projects. The renewable and clean energy industries are widely accepted as major economic growth engines across the globe. Winstead attorneys’ alternative energy experience includes representing:
- Investment partnership in a 4,000 MW balanced-fuel portfolio, West Texas project. This $8 billion public-private partnership combines wind and solar energy, biomass and clean-coal technologies with gas fired generation
- Developers of one of America’s largest offshore wind projects in Texas
- A seven-state wind industry advocacy group with interests across the South Central United States
- Developers and lenders for biofuel production facilities
- Developers of combined heat and power (CHP) projects
- Developers of wind projects in West Texas and related FAA issues
- Project EPCs
From Invention to Delivery. Complete Alternative Energy Counsel
Winstead represents inventors, research institutes, universities, developers, utilities, cooperatives, municipalities, investors and lenders, as well as some of the largest energy purchasers, throughout the alternative energy and electricity industry sectors. Areas of our multidisciplinary, integrated representation include:
Winstead's capabilities cover the wide range of legal issues confronting the development and delivery of clean energy, from tax incentives, grants and patent protection to solutions in energy storage, fuel transportation and electric transmission.
Managing Risks of Bringing New Energy to Market
Frequently, alternative energy programs and projects are capital intensive, politically sensitive and technologically driven. Our Alternative Energy and Government Relations teams apply a comprehensive approach, often drawing upon the firm’s legacy role as counselors to traditional energy and electricity market participants to reduce risks facing alternative energy developers. Our experience with renewables and alternative energy matters and technologies includes:
- Landfill/Methane gas
- Clean coal
- Combined Heat & Power (CHP)
- Nano thermal
- Fuel cell
Winstead attorneys counsel a wide range of clients, including startups, research facilities, venture capitalists, public private developers, asset-based lenders, financial institutions, utilities, and multinational energy producers.
Winstead also maintains an active, in-depth practice advising electricity market participants and interested parties, including generators, retailers, lending institutions, utilities, cooperatives, municipalities and commercial and industrial electric customers.