Andrew Schumacher is a member of Winstead's Commercial Litigation and Appellate practices. He represents local, regional and national clients in complex litigation in state and federal courts in matters involving real estate, financial services, insurance coverage, tax controversies, breach of contract claims, business tort claims, and defamation and libel claims. Andrew also represents clients in Public Information Act issues before the Attorney General of Texas.
- Representation of residential and commercial property owners, landlords, developers, financial institutions, mortgage companies, servicers, and other entities in various aspects of real estate disputes, including lease disputes, foreclosure litigation, condemnation/eminent domain, receiverships, fraud, collection, and eviction matters
- Representation of insurance carriers in contractual, coverage, and bad faith disputes
- Representation of local, regional, and national clients in various aspects of business litigation, including tax controversies, trade secret misappropriation, business torts, breach of contract, and patent litigation
- Representation of clients in Public Information Act cases before Attorney General of Texas
- Representation of employer who does not subscribe to Texas workers’ compensation scheme against on-the-job personal injury claim brought by employee
- Representation of local news station in various aspects of First Amendment and Media Law
- Representation of pipeline company in various aspects of condemnation/eminent domain proceedings