Bart Biggers has over a decade of experience in the areas of corporate finance (including public and private securities and other capital markets transactions), mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, general corporate matters, procurement and outsourcing transactions. Bart spends a significant amount of practice advising clients in the airline and aviation industry, including advising a major international airline and its regional subsidiaries on transactions.
In addition to experience in transportation (aviation, airlines, maritime and railroads), an industry that he has worked in prior to and throughout his legal career, Bart has experience in transactions in many industries including industrials, manufacturing, technology, oil and gas, finance, insurance, hospitality, retail, food and beverage, real estate, communications and pharmaceuticals. He has worked closely throughout his career both with business units and in-house counsel of Fortune 500 companies, as general counsel for both public and private companies, and with private equity and hedge funds.
His international experience spans the globe including Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, Uruguay and Venezuela and numerous Caribbean islands including Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Maarten, and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Aviation, airline and travel industry transactions
- Securities Exchange Act of 1934 reporting disclosures and conducting stockholder meetings
- NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX compliance and corporate governance matters
- Public and private equity offerings, asset-based securities offerings, convertible securities offerings, universal shelf offerings and rights offerings
- Public and private debt offerings (senior and mezzanine), tender offers for public debt, redemptions of public debt
- Acquisitions and dispositions of both assets and stock of privately and publicly-held companies
- Equipment-based lending and leasing transactions
- Equipment procurement and sales transactions
- Business process outsourcing transactions
- Commercial transactions
- Preparation for, representation during and exit from bankruptcy
- Dispositions and acquisitions of securities and assets in bankruptcy
- Representation of U.S. and foreign companies in cross-border transactions
- General corporate matters