Bobby Voigt has been a member of Winstead's Intellectual Property Practice Group since 2000. Bobby practices in all areas of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. His experience extends to patent preparation and prosecution, trademark preparation and prosecution, trademark opposition proceedings, patentability and validity opinions, client counseling, technology marketing, litigation support and preparation of agreements.
- Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications for a variety of clients including, large and small companies, universities and individuals. Technological areas include, but are not limited to, computers, circuits, electronics, software, nanotechnology, communications, semiconductor processing, energy storage, hydrocarbon exploration, e-commerce and business methods.
- Prepare patentability and validity opinions.
- Technology Transfer Transactions
- Preparation of agreements in areas including, but not limited to, software development, software and patent licenses, maintenance, escrow, non-competition, confidentiality, purchase, assignments, consulting, web site development, and manufacturing.
- Due diligence with regards to software involved in technology transfer transactions.
- Trademark Preparation and Prosecution
- Prepare trademark registration applications, responses, appeal and reply briefs.
- Prepare trademark opinion letters.
- Litigation Support
- Experience with trademark opposition proceedings.
- Litigation support in various cases, such as Silicon Laboratories, Inc. v. Ali Niknejad and Axiom Microdevices, Inc.; Civil Action No. A 04 CA 155 SS, in the Austin Division for the Western District of Texas.