Bruce is an associate in the Wealth Preservation Practice Group in The Woodlands. His practice focuses on providing sophisticated estate plans for high net worth individuals and assisting fiduciaries with the administration of estates and trusts. Through both the planning process and the administration of an estate or trust, Bruce strives to provide guidance to clients on the most tax-efficient manner by which they can achieve their goals and transfer wealth to future generations.
- Design and prepare estate planning documents, including wills, revocable trusts, and powers of attorney.
- Prepare more sophisticated wealth planning techniques including irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs), gifts to family trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), installment sales to grantor trusts, and investment trusts.
- Guide personal representatives through the probate process and advise them regarding the administration, distribution, and fiduciary responsibilities involving estates.
- Prepare, review, and file federal gift tax returns (IRS Forms 709) and federal estate tax returns (IRS Forms 706).
- Advise clients regarding post-mortem planning techniques including disclaimers, trust mergers, and trust divisions.