Chris Brown is a member of Winstead's Commercial Litigation and Energy & Environmental Law Practice Groups. He maintains a diverse practice comprised of litigation and appellate matters, including oil & gas securities fraud, oil & gas litigation, financial services litigation, government contracts, and commercial cases relating to breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, asset conversion, and minority shareholder oppression. Chris has also presented CLE topics on ethics and oil & gas issues relating to lease termination, the joint operating agreement, and subsurface trespass.
- Representation of clients through all phases of state court litigation including receiverships, trial, post-judgment enforcement, and appeals
- Defense of oil and gas producers on breach of lease, royalty underpayment, and lease termination claims
- Representation of operating and non-operating working interest owners in joint operating agreement disputes
- Representation of a multi-million dollar capital fund in the recovery of converted aircraft assets
- Representation of commercial lenders in collection matters, receiverships, and other asset location and protection cases
- Representation of various clients in adversary actions brought in bankruptcy courts
- Assisted in the successful representation of a creditor in securing the dismissal of a $180 million bankruptcy case filed in bad-faith