Chris Williams has been a member of Winstead's Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions practice since 1995. His practice involves a wide variety of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and compliance, public company governance, private equity and venture capital financing and information technology contracting. As part of his practice, Chris also has experience with the Hart Scott Rodino Act in connection with the antitrust aspects of merger and acquisition transactions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Extensive experience with acquisitions and dispositions of both public and private companies in a variety of industries
- Securities Offerings and Compliance: Representation of issuers in connection with public and private offerings; also experienced with tender offers, going private transactions and exchange offers as well as Exchange Act compliance
- Technology Contracting: Significant experience in the negotiation and preparation of a variety of technology contracts, including software development, joint ventures, software consulting and licensing agreements
- Emerging Companies: Focus on the formation and financing of emerging growth companies, including representation in connection with venture capital financing transactions
- General Corporate: Representation of businesses in connection with general corporate law matters, including drafting and negotiating employment, joint venture, license and similar agreements, intellectual property protection and general corporate governance, planning and development