Chris Williams has been a member of Winstead's Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions practice since 1995. His practice involves a wide variety of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, public company compliance and governance, venture capital financing and information technology contracting. As part of his practice, Chris also is experienced with the Hart Scott Rodino Act in connection with the antitrust aspects of merger and acquisition transactions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Extensive experience with acquisitions and dispositions of both public and private companies in a variety of industries
- Public Company Compliance: Extensive representation of public companies in a variety of industries with respect to all aspects of Exchange Act compliance and disclosure
- Securities Offerings and Transactions: Significant representation of issuers with private offerings and certain public offerings, tender offers, going private transactions and exchange offers
- Bank Counsel: Representation of community and regional banks and bank holding companies in connection with compliance and governance matters as well as mergers and acquisitions
- Technology Contracting: Experienced in the negotiation and preparation of a variety of technology contracts, including joint ventures, software consulting and licensing agreements
- Emerging Companies: Focus on the formation and financing of emerging growth companies, including representation in connection with venture capital financing transactions
- General Corporate: Representation of businesses in connection with general corporate law matters, including drafting and negotiating employment, joint venture, license and similar agreements, intellectual property protection and general corporate governance, planning and development