David Jacobs focuses his practice on various financing and derivative transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, cross-border transactions and real estate investment and development transactions. He has extensive work experience as lead counsel for finance, corporate and real estate transactions in both the U.S. and Europe.
David has represented lenders, investors and borrowers in a variety of finance transactions, including secured and unsecured syndicated credit facilities, asset-based lending facilities, private placements, high-yield offerings, acquisition financings, recapitalizations, first and second lien loans, mezzanine financings, commercial real estate financings, and work-out and restructurings.
- Counsel to administrative agents, lead arrangers and bank syndicates in domestic and international, secured and unsecured credit facilities, including a US $650 million financing for a US and international mutual fund, a US $160 million secured acquisition financing, a US $525 million secured financing for a major distributor in the beverage industry, a US $375 million senior secured facility for a company in the healthcare industry, a US $250 million unsecured facility to a major REIT, and a US $75 million ESOP leveraged facility
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest financial institutions in its capacity as a master servicer to a CMBS trust, in a US $200 million sale of a real estate backed loan portfolio
- Represented a publicly traded company in a US $200 million 144A note offering
- Represented a Hungarian branch and British affiliate of a Fortune 500 company with a US $35 million project financing for the engineering and construction of a wastewater facility for an oil refinery in Hungary and a related US $35 million interest rate and currency swap transaction with a major international bank
- Represented the Slovak government with respect to the €130 million privatization of one of Slovakia’s three electrical distribution companies
- Represented a major real estate developer with securing a US $220 million first lien and second lien financing from a syndicate of lenders
- Represented a major real estate developer in securing a US $97 million mezzanine financing for the development of a 300+ acre mixed use project