As the Chair of Winstead's Business Restructuring/Bankruptcy Practice Group, Eli Columbus is involved in a variety of representations, primarily in business reorganization cases and out of court debt restructurings. Eli works on a wide range of bankruptcy and restructuring matters for a diverse group of clients, including banks and other financial institutions, secured creditors, unsecured creditors, creditor committees, debtors, plan trustees, and buyers of distressed assets.
- Secured Creditors: Representation of banks, lenders, investors and other secured creditors in commercial bankruptcy cases and out of court workouts and restructuring
- Purchasers: Representation of parties that acquire distressed assets and assets out of bankruptcy
- Unsecured Creditors: Representation of unsecured creditors' committees, landlords, vendors, lessors, trade creditors, and other general unsecured creditors in commercial bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings
- Debtors: Representation of business debtors in Chapter 11 cases
- Trustees: Representation of Chapter 11 plan/liquidating trustees and Chapter 7 trustees
- Litigation: Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of commercial bankruptcy litigation, including contract disputes, preference and fraudulent transfer litigation, stay relief litigation, disputes related to confirmation of Chapter 11 plans, and cash collateral/DIP financing disputes