Hilary Borow represents clients in wide ranging insurance coverage disputes. She focuses her practice on representing and advising insurance companies in complex coverage and extra-contractual first party and third party matters. Hilary has achieved numerous verdicts and dismissals in favor of her clients. Her experience involves all types of insurance, such as first party commercial property, builder’s risk, homeowners, and a broad range of liability insurance, including directors and officers, professional liability, fiduciary liability, technology liability, and general liability. Although Hilary concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith, her prior experience also includes litigating complex contract disputes, as well as construction defect, personal injury, and maritime matters.
- Defends insurers in complex, high dollar disputes involving property damage, business interruption, and bad faith, arising from catastrophic weather events, wind, flood, hail, fire, and collapse
- Defends insurers in complex, multi-million dollar disputes involving third-party liability insurance, including directors and officers, professional liability, fiduciary liability, technology liability, and general liability
- Numerous trials defending insurers in first party and third party coverage disputes
- Has obtained numerous summary judgments in favor of clients in first party and third-party coverage disputes
- Experienced in counseling clients on insurance matters
- Appellate work on behalf of insurers