Jamie Bryan maintains a diverse litigation practice focusing on energy-related litigation, financial services litigation and complex business disputes. She also counsels clients on land use, policy issues and litigation avoidance. Jamie has substantial litigation experience in both state and federal court. She has tried cases before both juries and the bench on a wide variety of complex oil and gas issues ranging from lease termination to violations of the Texas Securities Act, and often handles royalty litigation, oil and gas auditing issues and disputes arising from oil and gas audits. Jamie has appeared before numerous courts within the State of Texas in cases related to auditing, lease termination, surface development, municipal regulation, and operational issues.
- Worked with clients through all phases of state court litigation including receiverships, trial, post-judgment enforcement, and appeals.
- Proficient in injunction litigation in both state and federal courts.
- Worked with various clients in adversary actions brought in bankruptcy courts.
- Represented the American Petroleum Institute as amicus curiae before the Texas Supreme Court in Tomas Chapa Yzaguirre, et. al. v. KCS Resources, Inc. and Coastal Oil & Gas Corp. v. Coates Energy Trusts.
- After a jury trial concerning complex issues relating to lease termination, violations of the Texas Securities Act, indemnity and fraud in the inducement, co-authored the briefing of the securities issues before the Court of Appeals and Texas Supreme Court.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in royalty litigation.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in ground water contamination litigation.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in hydraulic fracturing cases.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in Texas state courts concerning surface damages caused by drilling operations.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in Texas state courts concerning title issues.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in Texas state courts concerning auditing and payment disputes.
- Prosecution of inverse condemnation cases for projects against municipalities.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in lease termination cases.
- Defense of a federally insured bank in a complex banking action involving federal banking regulations and statutes. After defeating plaintiff's motion for summary judgment, a favorable settlement was negotiated for our client.
- Defense of an investment company in a complex breach of contract case involving payments-in kind, usury and tort allegations. The case began in state court and was removed to federal court because of Plaintiff’s bankruptcy filing. After judgment was entered, a favorable settlement for our client was negotiated.
- Prosecution of guaranty actions on behalf of various national banking associations and lending institutions.