Jeff Gilmore is a member of Winstead's Energy Practice Group. Jeff has experience in a wide variety of litigation matters, including complex product liability cases, fiduciary litigation, probate matters, general commercial litigation, and various oil and gas disputes. He focuses his practice on energy litigation.
Prior to graduating from law school, Jeff was drafted by the Seattle Mariners as a right-handed pitcher. Before retiring as a player, Jeff eventually pitched in the farm systems of the Mariners, the Blue Jays, and the Rockies. During each minor league off-season, Jeff worked in corporate finance as an analyst for Cisco Systems in the Bay Area. A licensed pilot since age 18, Jeff holds multiple pilot ratings and has amassed flight time in over a dozen different aircraft. Using his technical background of aviation, Jeff first developed his litigation practice by defending manufacturers of the aerospace industry.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in royalty litigation, including multi-district litigation
- Prosecution of oil and gas producers in title and trespass disputes
- Prosecution of fiduciary litigation for beneficiaries
- Defense of financial institutions in fiduciary litigation
- Defense of land developers in disputes brought by homeowners
- Defense of railroads in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Defense of aerospace manufacturers in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Defense of web-based businesses in misappropriation of trade secret disputes