During his 35 years with the firm, Jeff Hage has handled complex, high stakes litigation, trying cases not only in Texas but other parts of the United States as well. His broad litigation experience covers the firm’s core areas of practice—fiduciary, environmental, energy, financial services, real estate, securities, bankruptcy, corporate, and intellectual property—in a variety of different forums including state courts, federal district courts, bankruptcy courts, appellate courts and arbitrations. Jeff's leadership skills are vital to bringing the right resources and efficiency to each case, and in managing risks and seeking returns.
In addition to his role as an active trial lawyer, Jeff has held key leadership positions in the firm, including managing shareholder of Winstead’s Dallas Office, head of Winstead’s litigation section, and leader of the firm’s mentoring program for associates. Jeff has also been active in the legal and business communities, serving as Chair of the Dallas Bar Foundation Fellows, Trustee of the Dallas Bar Foundation, Co-Chair of the Judiciary Committee of the Dallas Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Dallas Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Tortious Interference Subcommittee and of the Business Torts Committee of the ABA, Member of the DBA Probate, Trusts and Estates Section, Master in the W.M. “Mac” Taylor, Jr. American Inn of Court, Life Fellow of the American Bar Association, and Trustee of the Dallas Theater Center.
- Fiduciary Litigation: claims by and against corporate and individual trustees and beneficiaries, estate contests, custodial relationships
- Partnership Litigation: claims by and against business partners and partnerships
- Business Claims and Torts: breach of contract, purchase price litigation, fiduciary duty, RICO, fraud, tortious interference
- Environmental Litigation
- Real Estate litigation: disputes involving owners, landlords, tenants, lenders, developers
- Financial Services Litigation: lender liability defense, regulatory defense, loan enforcement, foreclosures, preservation of collateral
- Securities Litigation: federal and state securities claims involving corporations, officers and directors, litigation involving the Securities Protection Investor Corporation
- Intellectual Property Litigation: copyright, infringement, trademark
- Bankruptcy Litigation: stay litigation, lien priority, discharge, sale of collateral, fraudulent transfer claims, preference claims
- Insurance Litigation: coverage disputes
- Nationwide class action defense