Jeff Lee is a shareholder in Winstead's Finance & Banking Practice Group. His practice focuses on negotiating and closing highly structured real estate financings. Jeff has a national real estate finance practice, managing CMBS programs and balance sheet loans for international and domestic money center banks, investment banks and REITS in New York, Charlotte, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Miami. He has extensive experience in closing large commercial real estate loans involving subordinate debt and preferred equity.
- Represented a major German bank as their primary outside closing counsel for CMBS loans; developed for the client a new Shariah lending structure and the first Delaware Statutory Trust loan transaction to be successfully securitized
- Represented the largest commercial real estate master servicer in special servicing, assumption and defeasance matters
- Lender’s counsel on loans of all property types including hotels, retail, multifamily, office, industrial and assisted living facilities. Examples include, the Hyatt Center in Chicago, Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills, and large multifamily portfolios in NYC and Chicago and portfolios of Walmart-anchored retail centers
- Representation of numerous Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD seller servicers in the origination and sale of multifamily loans
- Extensive workout experience as general counsel to a construction REIT
- General counsel to one of the largest commercial mortgage banks with numerous lifeco correspondent relationships