Dr. Lekha Gopalakrishnan is chair of Winstead's Intellectual Property Practice Group. Her practice focuses on all areas of intellectual property law. Dr. Gopalakrishnan has extensive experience with patent prosecution matters in the chemical and biological arts, as well as rendering opinions regarding patentability, patent infringement and patent validity. Additionally, Dr. Gopalakrishnan has counseled clients in matters relating to trademarks and copyrights, including procurement and enforcement, technology licensing, due diligence and freedom to operate investigations of patent portfolios and litigation matters involving patents, trademarks and copyrights. Dr. Gopalakrishnan also counsels clients in navigating compliance-related issues with the FDA and State authorities for manufacturing and marketing of drugs and medical devices.
- Domestic and Foreign patent procurement in the areas of Life Sciences and Chemistry
- Obtaining opinions relating to patent invalidity and noninfringement
- Evaluation of third-party patent portfolios for licensing opportunities
- Advising clients on strategies for maximizing portfolio value
- Procurement of trademark and copyright registrations
- Advising clients in matters relating to intellectual property disputes