Leslie Johnson is a senior associate in Winstead's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. She represents local, regional and national clients in complex commercial and business disputes in a wide array of matters, including real estate, financial services, and banking and lending disputes. Leslie also participated in the Dallas County District Attorney Lawyer on Loan Program in 2013, where she successfully tried nine jury trials to verdict.
- Representation of lenders and loan servicers in loan enforcement and collection matters, real property foreclosures, and other disputes involving notes, guaranties, letters of credit, indemnification agreements, credit enhancement structures, and related contract, tort and statutory claims
- Defended national bank in a class action lawsuit alleging violations of the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and argued appeal to the Fifth Circuit
- Representation of title insurers, title agents and insureds in title and real property disputes, including lien priority, escrow, title insurance and breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Representation of broker/dealers, investment advisors, and registered persons in defense of FINRA arbitrations and state and federal lawsuits
- Defended rail carrier and property owners against regulatory and compliance claims in federal bench trial and obtained favorable verdict that was affirmed by the Fifth Circuit