Seth Eaton is a member of Winstead's Real Estate Finance Practice Group. His practice focuses on the representation of banks, finance companies and other institutional lenders and servicers in commercial mortgage loan transactions. He also represents start-up businesses and small and mid-size companies in connection with negotiating and structuring a wide variety of real estate, business, corporate and commercial transactions.
- Represents institutional lenders in the origination, sale and participation of CMBS loans ranging in size from $1 to $50 million and secured by real estate in all major asset classes, including multi-family (apartment complexes and manufactured home parks), student housing, hospitality, industrial/warehouse, retail, office and mixed-use properties, including advising clients with respect to the followings:
- Structuring table funding arrangements;
- Drafting and negotiating participation agreements;
- Origination and sale of mezzanine loans; and
- Drafting and negotiating mortgage loan purchase and sale agreements.
- Represents the investment advisor to various life insurance companies in connection with the origination, sale and participation of mortgage loans ranging in size from $5 to $100 million and secured by real estate in all major asset classes.
- Represents businesses and investors in commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, investments and leasing transactions.
- Advises clients on entity formation and organizational structures and in connection with acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represents clients in connection with structuring and negotiating supply contracts and licensing arrangements.
- Represents special and sub-servicers in connection with foreclosures, work-outs, loan assumptions, loan modifications and requests for lender approval.