Trisha English handles a full range of controversy and planning matters involving fiduciaries, trusts, estates, and high net worth individuals and their families. Her litigation practice includes state fiduciary and probate controversy matters, as well as federal gift and estate tax litigation. She also assists clients with tax-sensitive estate administration, trust administration, and family wealth transfers.
Trisha is a contributing editor to the BNA Tax Management Estates, Gifts and Trusts Journal. She also serves as probate editor of the quarterly Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Reporter published by the State Bar of Texas.
Prior to joining Winstead, Trisha worked as a commercial litigator. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Harold R. DeMoss, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Represents and counsels corporate trustees and trust departments regarding trust administration and fiduciary litigation matters
- Represents individuals and estates in gift and estate tax audits, negotiations with the Internal Revenue Service, and Tax Court litigation
- Assists commercial lenders in asserting creditor claims against estates of borrowers and guarantors
- Represents estate beneficiaries in will contests and fiduciary litigation
- Represents individual fiduciaries in litigation matters
- Represents executors and administrators in complex estate administrations