Tort & Insurance Litigation
Where Litigation Power and Conflict Resolution Work. Together.
Market defining complex insurance and tort litigation challenges are where Winstead's Tort & Insurance Litigation Practice Group attorneys are assisting clients.
With a litigation bench more than 100 attorneys deep, Winstead strategically resolves the legal threats facing corporations, businesses and insurers with trial-proven, industry-experienced counselors. Winstead attorneys are:
- Protecting transportation and manufacturing owners and operators threatened by catastrophic injury and mass injury claims against railroads, motor carriers and chemical plants.
- Reducing insurers’ risks in insurance coverage disputes in landmark mold claims and other toxic exposure cases.
- Defending aircraft manufacturers and related aviation industry companies against catastrophic injury and fatality claims.
- Representing clients in title insurance disputes.
- Defending allegations of UCC violations, including defending a $13 billion class action claiming insurance fraud.
- Managing nonsubscriber injury claims for national retailers and other clients.
Having built a record of achievement as a significant, cost-effective regional litigation force on national matters, our litigation practice includes many high-profile cases, including national class action and mass injury cases.
Winstead litigators work at the local, state and federal trial levels, with additional strength at the appellate court level. And, with increasing regularity, we achieve client goals through arbitration. Our litigation experience includes:
- Banking and Creditors' Rights
- Chemical Releases and Refinery Explosions
- Class Actions
- Consumer Protection Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Mold, Asbestos and Silica
- Nonsubscriber Litigation
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability - Directors and Officers Coverage
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Title Insurance Defense
- Toxic Torts and Exposure
Many high-stakes/high damages cases also involve issues outside of the courtroom. Such issues involve the company’s public perception and government/regulatory involvement. Winstead attorneys work with clients to assess and address these issues at the earliest juncture. Winstead attorneys often assist clients with emergency response issues. In fact, getting involved before litigation can sometimes mean that there will be litigation. Winstead also works with clients to develop plans and strategies to avoid incidents and to reduce the effect on clients, their reputation and their insurers.
Areas of achievement include:
- Mold – Jury trial defense of insurance carrier in extracontractual cases where plaintiffs claimed personal injuries and other damages connected to mold claims.
- Business Interruption Caused by Chemical Explosion – Defended a global chemical industry leader in a Texas plant explosion in the largest business interruption insurance claim ever.
- Tortious Interference – Jury trial defense of a life insurance company in a $10 million suit by an insurance agency for claims of tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty.
More Representative Tort & Insurance Litigation Matters