Lori Thayer Oliphant
500 Winstead Building
2728 N. Harwood Street
Dallas, Texas 75201
Lori Oliphant is a shareholder in Winstead's Employee Benefits/Compensation Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all types of employee benefit and compensation matters. She represents a diverse group of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, privately-held companies, governmental entities and tax-exempt entities.
Co-author of The People Business Blog, which provides news and strategies for business leaders who manage legal matters involving labor, employment, and benefits issues.
- Advises clients on employee benefits issues and Title I issues arising in the context of corporate transactions (including mergers and acquisitions), private placements, initial public offerings, spin-offs, corporate restructurings and financings.
- Assists clients with the implementation and administration of tax-qualified retirement plans (pension plans, profit sharing plans, 401(k) plans, cash balance plans, ESOPs and governmental plans), as well as health and welfare plans (including self-insured medical plans, cafeteria plans, consumer-driven health plans and fringe benefit plans).
- Assists clients with the structuring and preparation of equity incentive arrangements (including stock purchase plans, stock option arrangements and restricted stock plans), deferred compensation arrangements, nonqualified plans and related executive compensation programs.
- Represents clients before various governmental entities, including the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration, as well as the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
- Represents clients in complex ERISA controversy matters, including fiduciary breach issues and investigations by governmental agencies.
|University of Florida, Levin College of Law|
- Moot Court Member
- Finalist in International Moot Court Competition
|University of Houston Law Center|
|Florida State University|
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Fiduciary Responsibility Administration and Litigation Committees (Vice Chair, 2013)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (Board Member, Dallas Chapter, 2013)
- ESOP Association
- Southwest Benefits Association
- First United Methodist Church of Richardson
- The National Center for Employee Ownership
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2009