Amanda Harvey is a member of Winstead’s Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Amanda's practice primarily focuses on advising insurance clients on regulatory and compliance issues and representing clients before various Departments of Insurance in licensing and ongoing business. Her previous experience includes working for the Texas Department of Insurance and as in-house counsel for a large non-profit health system.
- Advises insurance clients on a wide range of state and federal regulatory matters.
- Advises health insurance and health maintenance organization clients on various affiliate arrangements, provider and vendor contracts, federal and state coverage requirements, and privacy laws.
- Assists insurance clients in responding to regulatory audits.
- Represents insurance agents, third-party administrators, utilization review agents, and insurance clients in obtaining state licensure and form approval.
- Represents entities in obtaining regulatory approval of insurance company acquisitions and organizational restructuring.
- Drafts insurance coverage documents and policyholder communications.