Ashley is a member of Winstead’s Construction Practice Group. Her work in the construction industry involves both a transactional practice as well as efforts to resolve and litigate disputes. She represents owners and contractors in all aspects of the construction process, including drafting and negotiating contracts, working to resolve disputes that arise during design and construction, and litigating construction-related disputes.
Ashley also has experience analyzing and litigating a variety of commercial disputes, including real property disputes, title insurance issues, and claims against banks and mortgage companies. She has experience representing clients both at trial and on appeal.
- Drafts and negotiates contracts for all phases of the construction process, including professional services agreements, owner/architect agreements, owner/contractor agreements, subcontracts, and project management agreements.
- Represents owners and contractors in resolving disputes arising during design and construction, including payment disputes, delay claims, and lien and bond claims.
- Represents owners and contractors in litigation and arbitration concerning construction defects, project delays, contractor and subcontractor defaults, and changes in scope.
- Represents shopping center owners in disputes with tenants and contractors throughout the State of Texas.
- Represents property owners and lenders in real property disputes, including disputes regarding competing chains of title, lien priorities, and lien foreclosures.