Carrie Rupprath is a shareholder in Winstead's Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. She represents clients with respect to regulatory issues, approvals and compliance matters. Her practice is primarily focused on representing clients in the insurance industry before the Texas Department of Insurance. She also has experience representing clients before other Departments of Insurance throughout the country.
- Represents clients with respect to approvals, licensing and compliance matters before the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Provides strategic counsel to clients in insurance company acquisitions.
- Provides legal and ethics advice to clients based on state administrative laws, specifically statutes, rules and policies relating to the Administrative Procedure Act, the Open Meetings Act and the Public Information Act.
- Represents clients in the insurance industry in supervision, rehabilitation, conservation and liquidation proceedings.
- Represents insurance clients in connection with filings and approvals required under the Texas Holding Company Act.
- Advises clients in the insurance industry with respect to a wide range of federal and state regulatory compliance issues.
- Represents clients in the insurance industry in regulatory rulemaking proceedings.
- Successfully drafted legislation during the 83rd Texas Legislative Session related to implementation of the federal Non-Admitted and Reinsurance Reform Act.