Skip to main content|
Chris Nixon is a shareholder in the firm's Real Estate Practice Group. His practice includes a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions, including finance, telecommunications, leasing, and acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represents national CMBS lenders, DUS lenders, life insurance companies, private equity groups, real estate finance companies, and institutional lenders in the origination of commercial real estate loans in all market sectors throughout the United States
- Represents financial institutions and private equity groups in the administration and servicing of commercial real estate for all types of income-producing properties throughout the United States; focusing on special servicing of distressed commercial real estate debt, including loan restructures, workouts, forbearances and foreclosures
- Extensive experience in the full range of debt products, structures and services, including CMBS loans, agency loans, portfolio loans, mezzanine loans, bridge loans, construction loans, A/B/C note structures, preferred equity structures, loan participations and syndications, ground lease debt structures, syndicate tenancy-in-common structures, dual funding structures, revolving credit facilities, defeasance and mortgage note sales and purchases in the secondary mortgage market
- Serves as local Texas counsel to out-of-state lenders for all types of commercial real estate loan transactions
- Represents national broadband and wireless communication companies in all aspects of the deployment, management, and maintenance of their communication network, including the leasing and licensing of wireless communication facilities, such as cellular towers, in-building systems, multiple host systems, and building and rooftop communications facilities
- Significant experience in the negotiation and drafting of regional master lease agreements, collocation and in-bound lease agreements, and lease agreements with airports, municipalities, and local utility providers
- Serves national wireless communication companies in the management of large lease amendment projects for the deployment of new technologies
- Represents national communications service providers in the negotiation and drafting of commercial technology, internet, video, and cable television service contracts in various market sectors
- Represents landlords and tenants in a wide variety of commercial lease transactions, including retail, office, industrial, build-to-suit, communication facilities, ground, and master leases
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represents clients in the sale and purchase of commercial real estate in many market sectors, including office buildings, restaurants, shopping centers, hotels, apartment complexes, raw land, and development properties
back to top
You may use the wildcard symbol (*) as a root expander. A search for "anti*" will find not only "anti", but also "anti-trust", "antique", etc.
Entering two terms together in a search field will behave as though an "OR" is being used. For example, entering "Antique Motorcars" as a Client Name search will find results with either word in the Client Name.
AND and OR may be used in a search. Note: they must be capitalized, e.g., "Project AND Finance."
The + and - sign operators may be used. The + sign indicates that the term immediately following is required, while the - sign indicates to omit results that contain that term. E.g., "+real -estate" says results must have "real" but not "estate".
To perform an exact phrase search, surround your search phrase with quotation marks. For example, "Project Finance".
Searches are not case sensitive.