Clifton Beech is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. Clifton’s practice focuses on commercial real estate matters, as well as corporate and business law matters. He has extensive experience with high-rise multifamily projects, data centers, condominiums and other commercial developers such as large-scale mixed-use land developments.
In addition to his real estate practice, Clifton is experienced in offering full-service representation for companies, executives, and boards of directors in navigating the rapidly evolving laws of data privacy, cybersecurity, and data innovation, including national and international regulations such as the CCPA, GDPR, and DFARs and a wide range of other technology and digital matters. His practice covers complex technology transactions, outsourcing projects, strategic digital transformation, such as acquisition or development of innovative solutions, data privacy and cybersecurity, and complex commercial transactions, particularly in the technology and cybersecurity industries.
- Representation of a developer in the formation of a joint venture, acquisition of land, financing, and development of a $1 billion build-to-suit property
- Representation of a joint venture in the development, leasing, and sale of a $150 million data center
- Representation of a real estate private equity fund in the formation of several joint ventures with developers for the financing and development of self-storage facilities
- Representation of various software developers and manufacturers in international data security incidents involving covered defense information and controlled information, including resolving matters with the Department of Defense
- Counsel clients regarding issues related to compliance with federal, state and local laws, and regulations governing data privacy and security issues, including overseeing audits, conducting assessments, and serving as liaison with agencies and regulators
- Serve as lead outside privacy and data security counsel for clients, advising companies on privacy and data security issues,