Garrett Martin is a member of Winstead’s Energy & Environmental Law Practice Group. He maintains a diverse litigation practice, including class-action and complex oil & gas litigation, oil & gas securities fraud, environmental contamination litigation, financial services litigation, and complex commercial cases relating to breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and asset conversion. Garrett also regularly represents clients on appellate matters in oil & gas, commercial and fiduciary litigation. Garrett has presented CLE topics on environmental contamination issues and groundwater rights in Texas. Prior to entering private practice, Garrett served as a law clerk for the Honorable Justice Debra Lehrmann of the Supreme Court of Texas.
- Defense of oil and gas producers in complex class-action and multi-district litigation
- Representation of international companies in successful complex jurisdictional challenges to suit in multiple states
- Defense of operating and non-operating working interest owners in joint operating agreement disputes, breach of lease, royalty underpayment and lease termination claims
- Representation of oil and gas producers in environmental contamination disputes
- Representation of commercial lenders in collection matters, receiverships, and other asset location and protection cases
- Defense of software company in successful opposition to a preliminary injunction in trade-secret and breach-of-contract case
- Appellate representation of banks, energy companies and real estate developers in a variety of disputes