Jason Bernhardt is a member of Winstead's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Jason has gained significant trial and appellate experience representing clients in a variety of litigation matters, including real estate, banking, intellectual property, insurance, fraud, personal injury and contract disputes. Jason’s practice at Winstead is focused on the representation of corporate clients in the energy, banking and real estate sectors. He provides both litigation representation for his clients and risk management and planning. His exposure to a variety of cases makes him well suited to handle many matters in state, federal and appellate courts.
- Prosecuted of numerous deficiency actions against borrowers and guarantors who have defaulted on commercial loans, including subsequent collection of judgments obtained for clients
- Successful defense of lenders in obtaining dismissal of numerous wrongful foreclosure suits filed by borrowers who have defaulted on residential mortgages
- Successful defense and prosecution of numerous lawsuits involving title disputes to real property
- Successful prosecution of property owners’ claims against homeowners’ association for gross negligence and fraud resulting in a unanimous verdict in favor of clients, including an award of punitive damages after a ten day trial
- Defended innocent retailer in product liability lawsuit arising out of the death of a burn victim; after obtaining a favorable settlement for client, the manufacturer of the product was pursued and ultimately reimbursed client its settlement payment plus attorney’s fees