Jenny is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. She brings a creative and responsive approach in working with her clients in areas that include complex real estate transactions with an emphasis on real estate development of residential and commercial mixed-use communities and governance design for complex master planned communities.
Jenny has also become a leader in understanding the impact of the growing digital technology market and its evolution in the real estate industry including the Metaverse, NFTs, Smart Contracts and the Blockchain.
In addition to working with clients to understand and leverage sophisticated development plans, Jenny handles traditional commercial and residential acquisitions and sales and has experience with regulatory, corporate, and real property issues facing P3s, open government compliance, investor-owned water utilities and internet service providers.
Jenny has guided clients in drafting planned community governance documents for single-family home, townhome, condominium, residential and commercial product, formed condominium regimes and managed the sale and purchase of commercial properties and raw land.
- Worked with a developer on acquisitions, land use, utility districts, compliance, governance, and structured financing for a nontraditional mixed-use development involving a high degree of technological components
- Advises on the use of NFTs, fungible tokens, and Metaverse assets and how they integrate into an overall master planned community
- Interprets complex utility regulations for various developer and public water utility clients and advises on compliance
- Managed a $1 billion refinance on behalf of a client involved with a P3 water infrastructure project
- Represented investor-owned water utilities, Internet service providers, and multi-family property owners before the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Worked with a team to develop a first-in-kind governance structure for a new type of planned community focused on affordability
- Managed open meetings and public information requests for quasi-public entity in a P3
- Secured ETC designations for several Texas-based ISP’s during their bids in the Connect America Fund FCC auction process
- Led the sale of an ISP’s assets and transfer of federal awards while managing the regulatory ramifications and necessary filings to ensure compliance