Justin Freeman is a member of Winstead’s Corporate, Securities/M&A Practice Group. Justin focuses on providing cybsecurity and technology transactions expertise to a diverse range of clients, and specializes in technically complex transaction agreements, open source technologies, cybersecurity, data breach and incident management, and international data privacy regulations.
Prior to entering private practice, Justin worked as the legal director for Rackspace US, Inc. In that role he served as lead counsel for the Enterprise Transactions, Public Policy, and Security, Technology & Product practice groups.
- Technically complex transaction negotiations for IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS solutions in commercial, financial and healthcare sectors
- Software and platform licensing
- Open Source IP management
- Service offering development, drafting, and management
- Cybersecurity threat evaluation and breach response
- Cybersecurity service delivery and operational management
- HIPAA Privacy and Security
- EU Data Privacy Directive and Model Clauses
- PCI Compliance
- Acquisition integration
- Business Unit & subsidiary entity spin-outs
- Channel and reseller program development
- Public Policy representation and legislative analysis