LaCrecia Perkins is a member of Winstead's Business Litigation Practice Group. She assisted in the representation of clients in a wide range of complex business litigation and product liability matters across the country.
After law school, LaCrecia served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Renée Harris Toliver, United States District Court Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
- Assisted in the representation of clients in a wide range of complex business litigation and product liability matters across the country, with clients including a multinational manufacturing conglomerate
- Draft complex briefs, as well as a variety of memoranda, pleadings, and dispositive motions, such as motions to remove, motions for summary judgment, motions to compel, and motions to dismiss
- Arrange preparation materials for and participate in witness deposition and trial preparation sessions
- Conduct, defend, and assist in depositions
- Participate in and manage various phases of trial preparation and litigation including propounding and responding to discovery requests, coordinating document collections, reviews, and productions, interviewing and preparing witnesses, preparing for and attending hearings, and preparing for and attending settlement conferences and negotiations
- Prepare presentations for client meetings with multinational corporations, coordinate with opposing and local counsel, and coordinate with a team of associates to discuss case strategy
- Manage pro bono cases involving a variety matters such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, malpractice claims, and breaches of fiduciary duty
- Defended two depositions in response to requests for pre-suit depositions
- Assisted in defending a deposition in a multi-million-dollar insurance case