LaCrecia Perkins is a member of Winstead's Business Litigation Practice Group. She represents businesses and individuals in a variety of industries, including real estate, aviation/aerospace, life, health, and disability insurance, higher education, and others. She assisted in the representation of clients in a wide range of complex commercial litigation and product liability matters across the country. LaCrecia is comfortable practicing in both state and federal court. She is a member of the Winstead Audit Committee, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and Women of Winstead Committee. LaCrecia is also a Winstead Lateral Attorney Ambassador for the Dallas office.
After law school, LaCrecia served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Renée Harris Toliver, United States District Court Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
LaCrecia is a proud mother of 2-year-old twins and a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks. When LaCrecia is not busy advocating on behalf of her clients, she enjoys traveling, listening to Audible, spending time with her family, and talking sports with her husband (who, unfortunately, is a San Francisco 49ers fan).
- Obtained a take-nothing judgment on all claims asserted by a group of landowner Plaintiffs against Winstead client, a private oil and gas company with an operational focus in the Permian Basin of West Texas
- Obtained a take-nothing summary judgment dismissing all claims asserted by a Dallas-based technology company against Winstead client, a family office backed portfolio company
- Represented commercial Plaintiffs and Defendants in landlord-tenant litigation pertaining to various commercial lease disputes
- Represented various clients, including student housing developer and condominium developer, in litigation dispute that arose from the financing of construction projects
- Represented investor in lawsuit brought by limited partner involving breach of fiduciary duty and negligent misrepresentation claims
- Represented multiple property owners in protesting the valuation of their property with the appropriate appraisal districts
- Assisted in the representation of clients in a wide range of complex business litigation and product liability matters across the country, with clients including a multinational manufacturing conglomerate
- Draft complex briefs, as well as a variety of memoranda, pleadings, and dispositive motions, such as motions to remove, motions for summary judgment, motions to compel, and motions to dismiss
- Arrange preparation materials for and participate in witness deposition and trial preparation sessions
- Conduct, defend, and assist in depositions
- Participate in and manage various phases of trial preparation and litigation including propounding and responding to discovery requests, coordinating document collections, reviews, and productions, interviewing and preparing witnesses, preparing for and attending hearings, and preparing for and attending settlement conferences and negotiations
- Prepare presentations for client meetings with multinational corporations, coordinate with opposing and local counsel, and coordinate with a team of associates to discuss case strategy
- Manage pro bono cases involving a variety matters such as the Voting Rights Act of 1965, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, malpractice claims, and breaches of fiduciary duty
- Defended two depositions in response to requests for pre-suit depositions
- Conducted deposition on behalf of insurance client regarding contested life insurance claim
- Assisted in defending a deposition in a multi-million-dollar insurance case
- Argued and secured favorable summary judgement outcomes for clients
- Advised out-of-state clients regarding complex property issues and leasing issues
- Resolve pre-judgment litigation settlements and default judgment orders in favor of clients
LaCrecia is a contributing writer for Winstead's Business Divorce blog.