Laura Thetford focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, construction law, and labor and employment matters. Laura practices in both state and federal courts in Texas.
While in law school, Laura interned for the Honorable David Hittner, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Texas. She also served on the board of the South Texas Law Review as an Articles Editor and was a varsity moot court member of the nationally renowned South Texas Board of Advocates.
- Represented general contractor in a high-profile construction defect claim case involving a condo-hotel.
- Won summary judgment motion for defendant in breach of crude oil supply agreement case.
- Won motion to dismiss for employer in employee discrimination claim.
- Advised client on the enforceability of a non-compete provision in an employment contract.
- Advised client on tortious interference with an at-will employment contract.
- Represented large oil and gas company in royalty dispute involving breach of contract claims.
- Assisted in successful defense against breach of contract claims involving pipeline construction in arbitration.