Lori Oliphant is a shareholder in Winstead's Employee Benefits/Compensation Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all types of employee benefit and compensation matters. She represents a diverse group of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, privately-held companies, governmental entities, tax-exempt entities, private investment funds, real estate funds and investment managers.
- Advises clients on employee benefits issues and Title I issues arising in the context of corporate transactions (including mergers and acquisitions), private placements, initial public offerings, spin-offs, corporate restructurings and financings.
- Advises private investment funds and real estate funds with respect to investments by retirement plans and accounts.
- Advises investment managers on their fiduciary responsibilities and the application of the prohibited transaction rules with respect to the management of retirement plans and accounts.
- Advises high net worth individuals on prohibited transaction rules related to investments by individual retirement accounts.
- Assists clients with the implementation and administration of tax-qualified retirement plans (pension plans, profit sharing plans, 401(k) plans, cash balance plans, ESOPs and governmental plans), as well as health and welfare plans (including self-insured medical plans, cafeteria plans, consumer-driven health plans and fringe benefit plans).
- Assists clients with the structuring and preparation of equity incentive arrangements (including stock purchase plans, stock option arrangements and restricted stock plans), deferred compensation arrangements, nonqualified plans and related executive compensation programs.
- Represents clients before various governmental entities, including the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration, as well as the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
- Represents clients in complex ERISA controversy matters, including fiduciary breach issues and investigations by governmental agencies.
Lori is a contributing writer for Winstead’s Employer Law Resource blog.