Michael is a member of Winstead’s Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Michael’s practice focuses primarily on corporate transactions including mergers & acquisitions, venture capital financing, public and private offerings, and business restructuring. In addition, he advises his clients on issues that arise at all stages of a company’s development, ranging from entity formation and governance to general corporate counsel work.
- Public and private equity offerings
- Corporate governance and securities law compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- New business formation, development, funding and strategy
- Represented founders of a medical sales company in $10M acquisition, allowing the company to enter a new region, with an estimated acquisition value of 200% of purchase price.
- Served as local counsel team and performed due diligence as to necessary representations and warranties for publicly traded Thai manufacturer, in its acquisition of substantial US property and personnel assets for purchase price of $2.0B, allowing the company to horizontally integrate its product offering to become one of world’s leading plastics producers by volume.
- Drafted operative transaction documents in representation of founders of industry leading petroleum testing and compliance company, in a stock purchase by private equity buyers for $43M cash consideration.
- Represented a commercial builder in its acquisition of a mortgage loan originating company, allowing the client to vertically integrate and offer a full-service product.