Polin Chieu is a member of Winstead's Intellectual Property Practice Group. Polin is a registered patent attorney experienced in patent drafting and prosecution, IP counseling and assessment, IP development and licensing agreements, patent infringement and validity analysis, as well as patent litigation. Polin has experience with a wide variety of technology areas including mechanical engineering, nanotechnology, hydrocarbon completion and exploration technology, medical technology, audio/video technology, and electronic technology. Polin is also a former patent examiner for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the electronic arts.
Co-author of the WinTech blog, which provides legal insight for start-up and established technology businesses.
- Engineering: structure & roadway monitoring, FBG systems, seismic isolation systems, thermoelectric systems.
- Nanotechnology: solar cells, waterproof coatings & treatments, polymer composites, and nanolithography.
- Hydrocarbon completion and exploration technology: coiled tubing devices, linear pumps, polycrystalline diamond inserts & manufacturing, roller cone drill bits, pumps jacks, ESP pumps, and telemetry devices.
- Electronics: photovoltaic devices & manufacturing, imaging techniques & devices, resistive memories, batteries, optic communication & switching, magnetic media, and video camera & playback devices.
- Medical devices: heart pumps, biosensors, CVC devices, and smart needles.