Rachel Giani is a member of Winstead's Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Previously serving as a director and staff attorney for the Office of Financial Counsel, Texas Department of Insurance, Rachel has a solid background working with legislative policy issues, complex mergers, and corporate governance, among various other matters. In addition to handling a broad range of corporate work, she provides counsel on regulatory matters and statutory construction to companies that engage in the business of insurance. She also has expertise in a number of specialized areas, including reinsurance, insurance receivership, title insurance, and the non-admitted market.
- Handles mergers, acquisitions, redomestications, expansions, and affiliate transactions for insurance clients.
- Represents clients in enforcement and compliance matters before the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Advises clients on reinsurance matters.
- Provides general representation to quasi-governmental entities formed under or authorized by the Texas Insurance Code and Texas Labor Code.
- Represents clients in the insurance industry in supervision, rehabilitation, conservation and liquidation proceedings.
- Provides legal and ethics advice to clients based on state administrative laws, specifically statues, rules and policies relating to the Administrative Procedure Act, the Open Meetings Act and the Public Information Act.