Shae Keefe is a member of Winstead's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Shae represents clients in all facets of business litigation from case evaluation, mediation and arbitration, through trial. She manages disputes involving eminent domain/condemnation, business and personal injury torts, employment, media law and insurance matters in both state and federal courts.
Shae advises clients from a variety of industries, including energy, insurance, real estate, construction, technology, and transportation. She works closely with clients to develop effective plans for resolving disputes and managing litigation while remaining focused on the best outcome possible for the client’s business.
- Part of a trial team that received a unanimous jury verdict while defending a client in a car accident case involving disputed liability. Plaintiff was claiming damages of $80,000.00 in outstanding medical bills as a result of his alleged injuries. During the course of the accident, Plaintiff’s vehicle rolled several times, requiring his extraction by the fire department. After two days of trial, the jury deliberated for less than an hour. They came back with a unanimous decision for the defense, finding Plaintiff to be negligent in causing the car accident.
- Obtained a favorable trial result in which her client was required to pay approximately half of what Plaintiff was offered in pre-trial settlement negotiations.
- Won a jury trial in Deer Park Municipal Court. Client received a traffic citation and wanted to fight the charges. Ms. Keefe argued that the client had not committed the action alleged in the citation beyond a reasonable doubt, and a six person jury agreed. They found the client not guilty, resulting in a dismissal of the charges. The client did not have to pay a fine, and his driving record will remain clear of this charge.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment on res judicata grounds in car wreck subrogation action by Plaintiff’s insurance company.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for apartment building manager in property damage claim.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for insurance company and independent appraiser in Hurricane Ike claim. Plaintiff appealed, but appeal was dismissed.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for insurance company, sued by a third party.
- Obtained motion for summary judgment for trucking company in case involving personal injuries after motor vehicle accident.