Taylor Appling is a member of Winstead’s Labor, Employment & Immigration Practice Group. Taylor takes a proactive and preventative approach to her practice. She works directly with in-house counsel, management-level employees, and human resources professionals to solve employee relations issues and develop proactive tools for preventing litigation.
When employers are faced with litigation or other workplace legal disputes, Taylor is prepared to provide a strong, immediate, and comprehensive legal defense. She practices in federal and state court, and she regularly defends employers facing investigations by government agencies.
- Defending single-plaintiff and class action claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Advising clients on compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and other state laws regarding reasonable accommodation procedures and employee leave
- Creating, reviewing, and updating employment policies and practices to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Preparing and presenting training materials covering lawful hiring and promotions practices, and preventing and responding to complaints of harassment in the workplace
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, including severance and release agreements, non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements, staffing contracts, and arbitration provisions
- Counseling and defending employers against OSHA citations, wage and hour disputes, and unfair labor practice charges