Corinne is a member of Winstead's Healthcare Industry Group, and with nearly two decades of providing sophisticated legal services to healthcare clients, she has developed a technical acumen encompassing all aspects of the healthcare industry. Due to her prior in-house experience as Director of Legal Services at a non-profit healthcare system and as Chief of Strategic Partnerships and Legal Counsel at one of the country’s leading health sciences universities, Corinne approaches her clients’ issues as a strategic partner and is able to offer practical yet elegant solutions to complex issues.
She is accustomed to advising healthcare providers on complex healthcare transactions including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. Corinne counsels healthcare clients regarding the potential implication of federal and state fraud and abuse laws, including the federal Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, as well as the Texas Anti-Solicitation Statute and similarly adopted state-specific statutes or regulations governing relationships in the healthcare industry.
Her practice focuses on operational and reimbursement matters, managed care contracting, leading physician alignment strategies and contracting, IT regulatory issues, as well as strategic growth and partnership opportunities. She routinely conducts healthcare compliance program risk assessments and recommends organizational improvements to target and address identified risks. She frequently serves as outside general counsel to healthcare providers on a range of daily operational matters.
She is board certified in healthcare management as a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE). Her work experience includes healthcare administration roles with responsibility for strategic planning, managed care functions and both hospital and practice revenue cycle. Corinne is a contributing writer for Winstead’s Destination Health Law blog. Corinne is the host of Winstead Women’s Alliance’s Podcast “On Her Shoulders” featuring stories of inspiring women who have been working hard to ensure the female voice is heard through their actions.
- Drafting of physician employment agreements, professional services agreements, medical director agreements and IT contracts for hospital clients.
- Development of healthcare compliance plan for long-term care provider system including policies and procedure manual, code of ethics and board training.
- Provided HIPAA compliance advice, model policies and procedures, and training for hospitals, clinics, long-term care providers, and other health care providers and business associates.
- Negotiation and drafting of electronic medical record platform for mid-size hospital client.
- Negotiation and drafting of telemedicine and provider agreements for health plan.
- Acquisition of assisted living homes including related due diligence and licensure.
- Acquisition of chemical dependency facility and related licensure.
- Negotiation and drafting of bundled payment strategy for orthopedic surgery practice.
- Merger between two non-profit corporations for behavioral health services.
- Drafting of research collaboration agreements between university entities and community-based healthcare providers.
- Representation of hospice agency in joint venture arrangement for inpatient hospice facility.
- Formation of friendly physician model for palliative care services.
- Representation of physician practice in private equity MSO roll-up.