Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions
Where Corporate Law and Business Work. Together.
Big deals. Major experience. Senior lawyers’ hands-on case management. Efficiently-staffed matters.
In our representation of public and private companies, Winstead’s Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group attorneys are known for closing deals that count without overlawyering the process. Recent representative matters include:
- Represented NASDAQ-listed company in its proposed $1 billion merger with another NASDAQ-listed company.
- Advised board of directors of publicly-traded NASDAQ company in its special duties related to a $1 billion unsolicited offer to acquire the company.
- Counseled private purchaser in connection with $35 million acquisition of 28 franchised restaurants.
- Represented NYSE-listed pipeline company in connection with $70 million asset acquisition and $200 million asset exchange as part of $1 billion pipeline buildout.
From entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 companies, health care to multinational insurers and manufacturers, we provide targeted advice and counsel across a range of industries. We routinely provide advice and counsel in the following areas:
- Corporate Finance
- Public and Private Securities Offerings
- Corporate Governance and Internal Investigations
- '33 Act and '34 Act Compliance
- Advising Executives Regarding Fiduciary Duties
- SEC and Other Governmental Enforcement Matters
- Public and Private Mergers and Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Insurance Regulation
- Licensing Transactions
- Tax Matters - Federal, State and Local
- Venture Capital Transactions
- In-bound and Out-bound Cross-Border Transactions
Winstead’s corporate clients operate across a wide range of industries and sectors including:
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Energy and Energy Services
- Food Service
- Health Care
- Investment Services
- Mortgage Banking
- Real Estate
- Sports and Public Facilities Management