Where Client Service, Information and Efficiency Work. Together.
Our investment in technology adds value to the counsel we provide clients. Winstead’s tech team supports attorneys and professionals as they resolve client matters across time zones, throughout the nation and around the world.
For clients, the seamless operation of Winstead’s technology systems means:
- Ease of client-attorney communications
- Unsurpassed access to critical business and legal information
- Increased speed of transaction closings and case efficiency through our unique data and software applications
- Strategic litigation and transactional support
Winstead serves clients using vigilantly maintained and highly secure technological networks and hardware. It is designed to support a wide array of client needs and firm functions during both daily operations and under emergency conditions.
The components of our technology framework include:
Winstead's Client Extranets
Extremely secure, easily accessible sites customized to each client’s needs and case matter. Developed to increase the depth and quality of communication between lawyers and clients. Updated information, documents, case developments and transaction status are readily viewed and shared, by individuals granted permission, on Winstead’s client extranets. To login to Winstead's Client Extranet Site, click here.
Distressed Debt/Investment Training
The Distressed Debt/Investment Training extranet is a private, secure site that provides clients with invitation-only access to a repository of distressed debt/investment training materials authored by Winstead attorneys. The site houses many books, articles, news alerts, blog postings and educational presentations on topics relating to the financial crisis, with a primary focus on distressed debt/investment. All documents on the site are in PDF format with full text search capability. To request login credentials e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. To login to the Distressed Debt/Investment Training Extranet Site, click here.
Practice Area Innovations
In certain areas of legal practice, technological advances have revolutionized both the speed and depth of our attorneys’ handling of client matters. Winstead’s application of these efficiencies includes:
- Intellectual Property – Automated docketing and forms systems by industry-leading software vendors. Fully supported electronic discovery and electronic case filing.
- Litigation – Fully supported electronic discovery and electronic case filing. Database-driven document and case management systems for complex document cases. State-of-the-art courtroom presentation tools and document imaging.
- Transactional – Real Estate, Corporate, Banking and Credit – All of our technology choices favor expediting deal closings, decreasing delays and eliminating unnecessary costs. We use high-tech practice aids, including automated document assembly systems to facilitate efficiency, consistency and best practices; custom database applications for foreclosure, lease review and due diligence reviews; and database-driven business solutions tailored to specific client requirements.
- Wealth Preservation – Complete paperless office document delivery. Electronic and disc-based estate and trust plans enhance convenience and searchability of plan details for our increasingly mobile clients.
Billings and Financials
Winstead deploys accounting and billing software that presents clients with a range of options to support organizational preferences. Budgets, expenditures and invoicing are customizable and can be formatted across several categories and presentation styles. Financial updates and analytical data are electronically generated for convenient access and usage.
Client and Case Information Management
Our sophisticated intranet portal forms the foundation of Winstead’s internal information sharing infrastructure. This high performing network allows our many attorneys, paralegals and firm professionals to work as a united resource, sharing their individual depth of knowledge, to remain on top of client matters. Our intranet platform provides integration with firm document management and accounting systems reducing administrative hours required on clients’ matters.
All of our offices reflect the modern technology requirements of today’s leading businesses. Among our resources are:
- State-of-the-art network infrastructure and connectivity
- Hardware by Dell
- Microsoft Operating System and Office Suite
- Video conferencing
- PDAs and hand-held devices
Electronic Library Services
A critical firm asset, Winstead’s electronic and research library boasts more than 32,000 volumes, 2,000 titles and 60 online resources. From subscriptions to all major regional and worldwide legal and business news sources, to our skilled use of up-to-date multimedia data and knowledge centers, Winstead’s electronic information network extends our attorneys’ management of client matters and achievement of favorable outcomes.