Ben Leffler is a member of Winstead's Real Estate Finance Practice Group. Ben's practice focuses on real estate construction lending, and also includes securitized and other balance sheet financings, leases, recapitalizations, joint ventures, and related corporate and financial transactions.
- Representation of mortgage and mezzanine lenders in the origination, sale and acquisition of loans secured by hotel, office, retail and mixed-use developments.
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of various asset types including hotels, observatories and development sites.
- Representation of a private equity fund in the recapitalization and restructuring through bankruptcy and UCC foreclosure of a one hundred plus hotel national portfolio.
- Representation of a hedge fund lender in connection with the origination and securitization of debt secured by a two hundred plus big box retail national portfolio and related equity spin-off sale leaseback transaction.
- The Honorable Justice Robert Edmunds, Supreme Court of North Carolina