David Staas's practice includes representing real estate developers, owners and tenants in the acquisition, development, leasing, financing and sale of shopping centers, office buildings, hotels, multi-family residential properties, residential subdivisions, mixed-use developments, public facilities, and sports and entertainment venues. Additionally, his practice includes representing real estate developers, businesses and municipalities in zoning, platting, restrictive covenant, economic development, special district, urban design, sign regulation and other local government matters. His sports and entertainment practice includes representing teams, owners and local organizing committees in the development, management and marketing of venues and the bidding, hosting and financing of major events.
Unique Lawyer Experience
- David helped lead Winstead's team in bidding for and hosting Super Bowl XLV (2011).
- Prior to his legal career, David served as the Director of Planning & Development for the Uptown Houston District and a Senior Economic Development Specialist for the City of San Antonio.
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Economic Development
- Land Development Services
- Land Use Entitlements
- Sports Business and Public Venues