Tom Van Arsdel's broad-based practice includes litigation and counseling in business torts, lender liability, intellectual property and complex commercial disputes. As a shareholder in the firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group, Tom has represented clients from a full range of industries, including banking, energy, land development, manufacturing, equity investment, and sports and entertainment. Tom's experience covers all phases of complex commercial litigation, including first-chair trial experience and handling of state and federal appeals. He has tried many cases to jury verdicts in both the state and federal courts, and has argued appeals before the Fifth Circuit, the Supreme Court of Texas, and the state courts of appeals. With this significant courtroom experience, Tom has earned recognition as an advocate who gets results.
- Lead trial and appellate counsel for Fox Television and the producers of American Idol in a trademark infringement and breach of contract action.
- Lead trial counsel in a federal trademark infringement and cybersquatting lawsuit on behalf of a major real estate development company.
- Lead trial counsel in a federal copyright infringement case on behalf of a textbook publisher.
- Trial counsel for national bank in a five-week lender-liability jury trial.
- Arbitration counsel for major credit card processing company in a non-compete clause dispute.
- Lead arbitration, trial and appellate counsel for building supply company in multiple non-subscriber injury claims.
- Lead trial counsel for a software development company in a commission dispute.
- Lead arbitration counsel for a multi-national manufacturer in an agency dispute.
- Lead counsel for an equity investment fund in a suit claiming damages.
Supreme Court of Texas Webcast featuring Tom Van Arsdel
Watch Shareholder Tom Van Arsdel present an oral argument before the Supreme Court of Texas. (Cause No. 06-1084, Bison Building Materials Ltd. v. Lloyd K. Aldridge, argued on January 16, 2008)