Andrea represents Winstead’s real estate development, lending and construction industry clients on a wide range of issues, including transactional, claim workouts and dispute resolution matters.
Andrea spent her early years of practice at a boutique construction law firm and focused her practice on the arbitration and litigation of construction related disputes. Today, Andrea’s practice focuses on advising her clients on all aspects of their construction project from design and construction contract negotiations through project closeout at the completion of construction. Andrea regularly serves the role of trusted advisor throughout the construction of her clients’ projects, and, as such, advises clients in the negotiation of the required contracts and the resolution of contract and construction issues as they occur during the course of construction. Because of the special bond that Andrea has formed with her clients, she has had the opportunity to work on a wide-range of projects throughout the country, although her practice tends to focus on Texas-based projects.
Real Estate/Mixed-Use and Multi-Family Development/Data Centers
Andrea has extensive experience representing developers and owners in the drafting and negotiation of design and construction contracts for mixed-use and multifamily developments, data centers and industrial developments. Representative clients and projects include:
- Owners in the design and construction of data centers throughout the United States
- National financial institution in drafting contracts for the construction of new facilities and the renovation of existing facilities throughout the United States
- Contractors/Developers in preparing construction contracts for residential developments consisting of for-rent homes
- Developer of several mixed use condominium developments in Dallas, Texas
- Developer of a luxury for-rent apartment complex in Coral Gables, Florida
- Developer of several mixed-use developments in Austin, Texas with office, retail and “for rent” apartment housing
- A large Texas private university for development of template contracts for design and construction, and drafting and negotiating design and construction contracts for renovation and new construction work on campus
- Developer in the design and construction of private student housing projects throughout the country
- Several national developers in the design and construction of mixed-use commercial projects that include for-rent multifamily, senior living, office, retail and industrial projects
Sports Venues and Public Venues
- Representing developer in the negotiation of the construction contracts for the construction of a new a national hockey league stadium
- Represent owner in the negotiation of construction contracts for the renovation of a professional basketball stadium
- Represent the owner in the negotiation of a renovation of a sports multi-use stadium in New York
Resolution of Construction Disputes and Work-outs
Throughout her career, Andrea has resolved claims arising out of contractor defaults/terminations, defective construction, design and engineering errors/deficiencies, and claims for breach of contract, including, but not limited to, claims of delays/scheduling and change order/payment entitlement issues. Andrea recently represented a national lender in claim workouts regarding loan defaults on several projects under construction throughout Texas.