Andrea Hight is a member of Winstead’s Construction Practice Group. Her practice focuses on the representation of owner, developer and contractor clients in the transactional and dispute resolution aspects of construction law, including assisting clients through the contract negotiation process, contract administration, prevention and resolution of construction-related claims, guidance through the lien and bond process, project close-out and dispute resolution. Andrea is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Extensive experience in drafting and negotiating construction documents for owners, developers and contractors on commercial construction projects including Owner/Contractor, Owner/CM at Risk, Subcontracts, Purchase Orders and related General Conditions of the Contract; transactional work also includes interpretation and construction of contract clauses, advice concerning insurance and surety coverages and early resolution of day-to-day construction related problems
- Represent commercial developer in drafting and negotiating design and construction contracts for a commercial condominium project in Dallas (phase one of the project has construction costs of $50 million)
- Represent owner in the drafting and negotiation of a commercial condominium project in Austin that includes a boutique hotel, office and retail spaces (construction costs in excess of $50 million)
- Represent a real estate investment trust with regard to the drafting and negotiation of design and construction contracts for the development of a commercial condominium project that includes multifamily housing, retail and office space (anticipated construction cost in excess of $100 million)
- Represents owners and contractors in resolving construction claims, such as defaults, terminations, delays, scheduling, payment issues, payment and performance bond claims and other disputes through negotiation, arbitration and litigation
- Represents owners and contractors in conducting lien and bond claim analysis on both public and private construction projects