Winstead’s IP transactional attorneys advise clients in all areas of IP transactions including patents, copyrights, trademarks, contracts, due diligence, enforcement, unfair competition disputes, licensing agreements, public offerings for high technology companies, regulatory guidance, employment agreements, and related legal issues. Our attorneys negotiate innovative business and strategic collaborations such as joint ventures, co-development arrangements, and manufacturing and distribution agreements.
Winstead's patent and trademark practice includes preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications in the United States and abroad, particularly in Asia and Europe. Services include reexamination, reissue and interference proceedings, electronic filing, monthly docket reports to clients, and tracking and reminders of deadlines and renewal/maintenance fee payments. We also offer opinions regarding patentability, infringement, and validity.
As the most valuable corporate assets become increasingly intangible, the importance of identifying and solving intellectual property-related issues arising in complex corporate transactions becomes ever more essential. Winstead’s IP transactional attorneys counsel clients on intellectual property issues arising in all types of corporate and financial transactions, including:
- Acquisitions and divestitures of IP and technology assets
- Joint ventures and joint development arrangements
- Licensing and technology transactions
- Research and development agreements
- Securitization of intellectual property in debt transactions
- Technology services agreements
- IP portfolio development counseling
- IP due diligence
- Internet and new media issues