David Newland is a member of the firm’s Corporate, Commercial Transactions & Outsourcing Practice Group. David works closely both with business leaders and in-house counsel to advise on and negotiate a broad range of commercial matters in the commercial air travel, aviation, supply chain management, transportation and hospitality industries. He focuses on corporate and commercial transactions and business process outsourcing arrangements, including aircraft purchase and sale agreements, master services agreements, consulting agreements, various agreements pertaining to human resources functions, and other agreements with strategic business partners. In addition, David has experience in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions for public and private companies, general corporate governance, and the formation and structuring of business entities.
Prior to his career in law, David served in a variety of roles at a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of branded consumer foods. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Dallas Bar Association and Dallas Association of Young Lawyers and also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Commercial Transactions & Outsourcing
- Aircraft purchase and sale agreements covering over 200 aircraft, including wide-body and narrow-body mainline and regional aircraft
- Master services agreements covering various consulting services, professional services, and the outsourcing of business processes, including:
- Personnel management, including recruiting, hiring and employee development
- Human resources functions
- Aircraft maintenance and support services
- Transactions related to the marketing and sale of vacation packages and other travel products
- Collaboration with business leaders and other stakeholders in the development of requests for proposals in a variety of contexts, including fleet transactions and human resources business process outsourcing
- Representation of one of the largest U.S. commercial airlines in integration efforts following merger with major competitor, including diligence regarding existing contracts, termination or consolidation of duplicative contracts, negotiation of amendments and new agreements pertaining to expanded services, and preparation of and revisions to new and existing template agreements.
- Representation of a TSE-listed semiconductor production equipment manufacturer in connection with its proposed $29 billion merger of equals with a NASDAQ-listed company
- Representation of a TSE-listed semiconductor production equipment manufacturer in connection with its $252.5 million acquisition of a NASDAQ-listed semiconductor production equipment manufacturer
- Representation of a private equity firm in connection with the sale of two portfolio companies with significant international operations
- Representation of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a leading global provider of proprietary situational awareness and LED lighting systems for nautical vessels, military and commercial aircraft and military ground vehicles
- Representation of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a leading provider of aviation support services
- Representation of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a designer and manufacturer of life-saving devices
- Representation of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a provider of educational services for children
- Representation of a NYSE-listed construction material producer in connection with its acquisition of a national contractor and construction manager
- Representation of a private manufacturer and supplier of building materials in an internal reorganization
David is a contributing writer for Winstead’s Airlines Blog.