Jarratt Watkins focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and general corporate matters. He regularly works with publicly-traded and privately held corporate companies, as well as private equity firms and management companies, on complex mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and internal restructurings. He has worked on behalf of clients in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, technology, retail goods, financial services, energy and entertainment.
Jarratt also has experience in public finance representing both borrowers and lenders, and has assisted in the representation municipalities, counties, and a variety of special districts including school districts, water control districts and fresh water supply districts.
- Represented a registered investment advisory firm with $2.3 billion in assets under management as it joined a nation-wide partnership of wealth management firms
- Represented a private family in the over $6 billion sale of its oil company to a publicly traded company
- Represented a distributor of foreign television and movie content in connection with a sale of its business to a strategic buyer for a purchase price of $140 million
- Assisted in the representation of American Beacon Advisors, Inc. (a portfolio company of TPG Capital and Pharos Capital Group) in its sale to Kelso & Company and Estancia Capital Management
- Assisted in the representation of a manufacturer of drilling machinery in the $65 million sale of its business to a strategic competitor
- Assisted in the representation of a food manufacturer in connection with its sale to a strategic buyer through a controlled auction process for a purchase price in excess of $175 million