Lacey Stevenson is a member of Winstead’s Wealth Preservation Practice Group. Lacey has extensive experience as a tax attorney with particular emphasis on matters involving fiduciaries, trusts, and high net worth individuals and their families.
- Design and prepare primary estate planning documents, such as revocable trusts, wills, and financial and medical powers of attorney
- Advise and assist executors, trustees, and beneficiaries with the funding, administration, taxation, and distribution of trusts and estates
- Design, implement, and monitor transfer tax minimization strategies, such as gifts to family trusts, installment sales to grantor trusts, and grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs)
- Assist families with the formation of closely-held businesses to own and manage family assets
- Prepare and review federal gift tax returns (IRS Forms 709) and federal estate tax returns (IRS Forms 706)
- Assist trustees with judicial and non-judicial modifications / reformations to irrevocable trusts
- Assist clients with the formation of tax-exempt organizations