Taylor White is a member of Winstead’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. Throughout his career in private practice, Taylor has served as a devoted resource for employers and managers facing workplace issues in courts and conference rooms. He regularly advises employers on requirements and best practices regarding discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims under state and federal employment laws, and he often counsels clients on a myriad of litigation avoidance strategies. When in court, Taylor is a zealous advocate on behalf of his clients for claims of breach of contract; employment-related torts; wage and hour violations; trades secrets misappropriation; restrictive covenant breaches; discrimination, harassment and retaliation issues; and, other state and federal law issues stemming from workplace disputes.
Taylor further assists employers navigate government audits and investigations, including proceedings brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and their state-level counterparts. Taylor recognizes that such proceedings require a lot of commitment and attention and aims to ease the burden to his clients facing them. He does so with a professional and personable communication style and stalwart commitment to achieve desired results.
- Advise and defend managers and employers in employment-related matters before state and federal courts, the EEOC, OSHA, and other state and federal agencies.
- Assist businesses with internal investigations and litigation avoidance strategies.
- Prepare and advise on employment contracts, employee handbooks, and other personnel policies and procedures.
- Handle mediations and settlement negotiations in wide range of matters from multi-million dollar trade secrets cases and general business disputes to intellectual property and employment litigation.
- Successfully guided local and national employers through WARN Act issues during large-scale reductions-in-force.